Introduction

Hello everyone! 😊

Well, why I have created this blog? What's so special about kokni cuisine? Or do I really love cooking? Mmmm.. the answers are I just want the world to know about my homelands.. Kokan! I have one more blog about Kokan tourism and culture and here it's another one presenting Kokni Food.

So,

I am here with an aim to introduce authentic Kokni/Kokani food to the world, in sha Allah!
Our cuisine is one of the best and of the healthiest cuisines in the word but sadly we are not showing much interest in cooking traditional foods and instead prefer fast foods and Chinese dishes just to save some time (well, that’s taking a toll on our health though! But who cares😏).
Alhamdulillah I’m being raised well and being taught Islamic and traditional values along with what’s needed to move in this modern world. I am blessed with a talent of cooking and baking alhamdulillah and so is I can cook many Kokni traditional dishes and I actually love cooking and eating Kokni food. Our recipes are such that you can enjoy even sweets while you’re on a diet as many of the kokni sweets are made sugarfree and you will surely feel guilt free if you are eating in moderation. (I’m sure you’re now excited to know the secrets of Kokni cuisine😜).
Our soups and curries are healthy and best for digestive system. Even pickles and chutneys are made keeping heart health in mind. Some Kokni beverages have amazing cooling effect on your body and help remove toxins from your gut. Traditional way of making rotis and other regular dishes is such that it gives and amazing stretch to your muscles (and that’s the reason why our grammas never needed to take a gym membership). The use of fresh coconut, balanced use of herbs and spices helps improve your hair and skin texture. (Food choices may be one of the reasons why Kokni people are well built and have fair skin tone, as they say. Check Wikipedia!)
In short, Kokni Cuisine is one of the best yet under rated cuisines in the world. It hurts when I see so much unhealthy food around and people are not aware of many other healthier options that can go much easier on their pockets as well.
So, I’m here to represent my Kokan through our traditional Kokni Cuisine. I hope I will come up with most authentic scrumptious kokni recipes, the ones passed over by grandmas for generations. In sha Allah! Please wish me all the best.😁

4 comments:

  1. Hi I loved it blog plz post more recipe and if u have fb page den let me know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I loved it blog plz post more recipe and if u have fb page den let me know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Afroz Shaikh 😊 I'll share more recipes as soon as I get time in sha Allah and will also create a fb page for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mashallah very nice. You are right traditional food is really good for us but now everywhere you see cheese butter and unhealthy thinks. In our childhood we were not allowed to eat chocolate more as it will damage our teeth but now children eat chocolate and chips and kurekure etc. all the time mothers use phone full time no time to cook good food and then they will give pizza sandwich to their children in the dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

Sheerkhurma | Doodh Sev

Imagine Eid morning at your home.. can you smell sheerkhurma already? :D In kokan and I think in many parts of the subcontinent, Sheerkhur...