Coconut Stuffed Bhindi Recipe | Stuffed Lady Finger Recipe

Bhindi is one of those lucky vegetables that I don't hate 😜 I remember once when I started cooking one day my said "today you'll make some stuffed bhindi for today's dinner. Choose if you want to make it with tilkoot (I will share later, what it is.) Or chow (grated Coconut)." I was just so confused and scared to make something for the dawat dinner that night but then mom taught me how to make these lip-smacking stuffed bhindi. Everyone liked it and I received so much love and praise from all the aunties. Since then I have made numerous times. It's a superb dish to present as simple meal or it can be that dish that goes on dawat table along with other rich and heavy dishes. It is best served with roti or rice bhakri. Or as a side dish with rice and mutton or chicken korma.

Coconut Stuffed Bhindi Recipe | Stuffed Lady Finger Recipe



Ingredients:

500 gms okra
1 cup freshly grated coconut
1 large onion
3-4 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (optional)
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1/4th teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cooking oil

Method:

1. Wash okra and remove heads and just a little portion from the pointed end and slit them from that end but take that 2 parts shouldn't get separated. Keep them aside.
2. Now slice the onions finely, add crushed galic, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, sugar and coriander leaves and mix well. As it starts leaving juices add grated coconut. The filling is ready.
3. Take bhindi and fill the above prepared mixture in slits.
4. Take oil in a cooking pan and arrange the stuffed bhindi in a single layer. Cover the pan and cook on very low flame for 30-35 minutes. The bhindi will get cooked through in steam. You don't need to flip the bhindi.

1 comment:


  1. Thank you for the wonderful food recipe.Good job. Keep it up. I am visiting this blog often to read new posts. Get in touch with me by visiting my sites .

    order food online marathahalli|home delivery restaurant at indiranagar

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

Sheerkhurma | Doodh Sev

Imagine Eid morning at your home.. can you smell sheerkhurma already? :D In kokan and I think in many parts of the subcontinent, Sheerkhur...